Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Indigenous Claims Against 2010 Olympics!


Now that you have read a couple articles and watched the documentary (links below) on why Native Americans/indigenous peoples in Canada are resisting the 2010 Olympics, contemplate the question below and post your response for bonus credit. Choose one of the terms (below) that you previously didn't know much about and write the definition as you understand it. Also, describe the way in which this term might be used to describe events in your own community.

New terms introduced:
- colonialism
- fascism
- indigenous land
- ecological destruction
- displacement / homelessness
- criminalizing the poor
- human trafficking
- police state
- public debt
- corporate invasion
- gentrification

http://no2010.com/

8 comments:

Kristy's ScrapTime said...

dawn it's ana read my note top lindsay students and tell me what you think. I love you... SMILE

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

dawn im done posting my paragraph on my blog : )

cruz maria said...

Im done Dawn.

marisela said...

dawn im done. =)

veronica said...

im done posting my paragraph...

cruz maria said...

Im Done posting my paragraph on my blog

Sonia Grajales said...

Dawn...im done