Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cover Letter for a Resume

The cover letter serves as a letter of introduction, and is submitted with your resume.  Your cover letter should be tailored to the specific job for which you are applying and should emphasize your basic qualifications.  It should be concise, neat and grammatically correct.

The body of the cover letter should include the following:
  • the first paragraph includes why you are contacting the employer and how you learned about the job 
  • the second paragraph presents your basic qualifications and what you can contribute to the job
  • the third paragraph expresses an interest in the company, your desire to interview, and contact information
A cover letter introduces you to an organization even if there are no job openings at the present time.  Paper clip the cover letter to the front of your resume!

24 comments:

ErIkA lOvEs yOu :) said...

hey Dawn i am done publishing my resume on my blog

Nevaehis Mommy's Baby!!! said...

hey hey dawn both my resume and cover letter is complete

teine.samoa said...

hey dawn. im done with my cover letter. check it out!

brittney&Tanner said...

im done dawn!

shaqwwintae said...

dawn im done with the cover letter.!

brittney&Tanner said...

im done dawn. here is my comment!!!!!!

Sonia Grajales said...

sonia's cover letter is done

Gaby said...

Hey Dawn I already post my cover letter on my blog [:

Teresa Villegas said...

Finish dawn with my cover letter and resume

diane said...

hi Dawn i'm done posting my cover letter

diane said...

Dawn done on posting my resume

Jahzeel said...

there

jannet said...

iam done...

jannet said...

iam done...

Teresa Villegas said...

dAWN I DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG ABOUT THE ESSAY BUT I DID IT!

isabel said...

hey dawn i finished posting my essay...

isabel said...

hey dawn i posted my essay...

Jahzeel said...

i already posted the essay for the pareenting exam

Brooke and baby Cinthia said...

dawn im done with my eassy post up

Anonymous said...

dawn im done

Jahzeel said...

i already posted my 3 academic goals

ErIkA lOvEs yOu :) said...

hi dawn i am done publishing my cover letter on my blog take a look
lol

ErIkA lOvEs yOu :) said...

dawn i am done publishing my healthy diet essay on my blog take a minute to look on it

isabel said...

hii dwan i just posted my finished resume on my blog...